Board Approval Process
1. Application: To be considered for CECFA’s monthly meeting, CECFA must receive an application along with substantially complete financing documentation and the application fee by the application deadline.
Please scroll down for the application deadlines through the year.
Please click here for the application and fee schedule.
2. TEFRA Hearing: A TEFRA hearing should be completed and the State Treasurer’s TEFRA approval be signed prior to the Board’s review and approval. To schedule a hearing, Bond Counsel should e-mail the Executive Director with a suggested date and time. On the day of the hearing, Bond Counsel should e-mail the Executive Director the report of hearing with instructions as to the number of copies they would like. At the present time, the Colorado State Treasurer signs the TEFRA approval on behalf of the Governor. You should anticipate at least a two-week turnaround time for that signature.
3. Board Review and Approval: CECFA staff produce a Project Summary for the CECFA Board from the application documents. The Project Summary includes general information about the borrower and the transaction. The Project Summary is shared with the Borrower in advance of the CECFA meeting.
The borrower is highly encouraged to attend the meeting. A representative of the investment banking firm involved in the financing, bond counsel, and the borrower’s financial advisor, should also attend the meeting, but may participate by telephone if travel from out-of-state would be required.
The borrower and/or its representatives will be asked to make a 5-10 minute presentation that will touch on:
It is not necessary to bring handouts or media presentations unless they would clarify the presentation.
After the Borrower’s presentation, the CECFA Board and staff may have a few questions before discussing and voting on the Financing Resolution. The Financing Resolution sets out the parameters and terms of the transaction and authorizes CECFA to issue bonds.
This process takes approximately 15 minutes, but does occur as part of the monthly meeting with other agenda items, so the deal team should expect to commit an hour or two.
For those attending the meeting, a catered lunch will be provided.
4. Preliminary Agreement: Once the application is received, the Executive Director will send a Preliminary Agreement to the borrower. The Preliminary Agreement describes the responsibilities and fees of CECFA and the responsibilities of the borrower. The agreement must be signed and returned in order for CECFA to continue working on the transaction.
5. Document Execution: Once the Financing Resolution is approved, the closing documents can be executed. Closings should be coordinated through the Executive Director.
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Tuesday, July 9, 2019
Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
|© 2019 CECFA | 1800 Glenarm Place, Suite 1201, Denver, CO 80202 | (303) 297-7332 | Contact Us|