Board Approval Process
1. Application: To be considered for CECFA’s monthly meeting, CECFA must receive an application along with substantially complete financing documentation and the application fee by the application deadline.
Please scroll down for the application deadlines through the year.
Please click here for the application and fee schedule.
2. TEFRA Hearing: A TEFRA hearing should be completed and the State Treasurer’s TEFRA approval be signed prior to the Board’s review and approval. To schedule a hearing, Bond Counsel should e-mail the Executive Director with a suggested date and time. On the day of the hearing, Bond Counsel should e-mail the Executive Director the report of hearing with instructions as to the number of copies they would like. At the present time, the Colorado State Treasurer signs the TEFRA approval on behalf of the Governor. You should anticipate at least a two-week turnaround time for that signature.
3. Board Review and Approval: CECFA staff produce a Project Summary for the CECFA Board from the application documents. The Project Summary includes general information about the borrower and the transaction. The Project Summary is shared with the Borrower in advance of the CECFA meeting.
The borrower is highly encouraged to attend the meeting. A representative of the investment banking firm involved in the financing, bond counsel, and the borrower’s financial advisor, should also attend the meeting, but may participate by telephone if travel from out-of-state would be required.
The borrower and/or its representatives will be asked to make a 5-10 minute presentation that will touch on:
It is not necessary to bring handouts or media presentations unless they would clarify the presentation.
After the Borrower’s presentation, the CECFA Board and staff may have a few questions before discussing and voting on a Financing Resolution. The Financing Resolution sets out the parameters and terms of the transaction and authorizes CECFA to issue bonds.
This process takes approximately 15 minutes, but does occur as part of the monthly meeting with other agenda items, so the deal team should expect to commit an hour or two.
For those attending the meeting, a catered lunch will be provided.
4. Preliminary Agreement: After approval of the Financing Resolution, the borrower and CECFA execute a Preliminary Agreement. The Preliminary Agreement describes the responsibilities and fees of CECFA and the responsibilities of the borrower. The agreement must be signed and returned in order for CECFA to continue working on the transaction.
5. Document Execution: Once the Financing Resolution is approved, the closing documents can be executed. Closings should be coordinated through the Executive Director.
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Denver Museum of Nature and Science
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
866 704 7500 612390 passcode
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
|© 2016 CECFA | 1800 Glenarm Place, Suite 1201, Denver, CO 80202 | (303) 297-7332 | Contact Us|